Addiction and Recovery in Nashville, TN
What Is Addiction and Recovery and How Can Drug Rehab Nashville Help You?
Addiction is a chronic brain disease which is characterized by an individual compulsively using an addictive substance despite the harmful consequences associated with use of addictive substances. With prolonged use of an addictive substance, an individual’s brain function becomes altered, causing them to lose their ability to control themselves and their compulsive drug use. Addiction worsens over time, therefore the longer you continue using drugs and/or alcohol the more damage you are contributing to your health and your overall well-being. Therefore recovery from addiction is essential. Recovery from addiction is the process in which an individual works towards the goal of improving their overall health and well-being in order to create new healthy lifestyle characterized by striving to achieve abstinence and living up to one’s full potential.
At Drug Rehab Nashville we have helped countless recovering addicts overcome addiction. We can help you overcome your addiction and recovery too! We support each of our clients in continuing and deepening the tools they’ve been equipped with to achieve and maintain a complete recovery. We also encourage our clients to remain focused, explore the multiple facets of their lives and create a life filled with positivity and empowerment. You can change your life today, all it takes is calling our 24/7 hotline now at (615) 348-5866 to speak with one of our knowledgeable representatives about how to get started with addiction and recovery at our addiction treatment center!
Tools for Addiction and Recovery in Nashville, TN
The first rule of recovery is that an individual doesn’t recover from addiction just because they’ve stopped using, recovery is creating a new life that practices behaviors and attitudes that promote abstinence. Creating a new life is essential for a complete recovery, otherwise relapse is inevitable. Recovery doesn’t require changing every aspect of your life, however it requires changes and attitudes that encourage addiction. The following are tools that recovering addicts should implement in order to achieve recovery:
- Stay Away From High Risk Situations
High risk circumstances are ordinarily portrayed by one being hungry, angry, lonely, and/or tired. These four attributes make recovering addicts more defenseless to a potential relapse. High risk circumstances can likewise rely upon people, places, and things, accordingly recovering addicts ought to maintain a strategic distance from high risk circumstances, for example, people, places, and things that have potential to influence use of addictive substances.
- Learn To Remain Relaxed
Addicts ordinarily utilize addictive substances as an approach to escape from reality and/or to relieve tension and stress. Utilizing addictive substances to calm anxiety and stress is ineffective and promotes continued use of addictive substances. during recovery recovering addicts should learn effective coping skills which will allow them to adequately cope with life’s stressors. Relaxation is an essential component in recovery. Studies have demonstrated that relaxation can help sign decrease the use of addictive substances.
- Be Honest With Yourself and Others
Addicts tend to be deceitful, addiction generally requires individuals to lie about their addiction. In the process of addiction and recovery, it is fundamental to be straightforward with yourself and those whom are supporting you in your recovery. Complete honesty will permit those supporting you to give additional encouragement and support when needed to help prevent relapse. When you’re really honest and open about your addiction and recovery, you don’t need to conceal your addiction and challenges with recovery . Being exploitative about your habit just makes you more defenseless to backsliding. Honesty can be hard to exhibit in the beginning stages of recovery, however trustworthiness is key for a complete and fruitful recovery .
- Stay Motivated In Your Opportunity to Change Your Life
Recovery from addiction is one’s opportunity to make positive changes in their life to help achieve and maintain a complete recovery. Rolling out improvements throughout your life is the testing piece of compulsion and recuperation. It is vital to be persistently inspired and motivated all through the procedure of recovery. Inspiration and motivation are key elements for an effective and long lasting recovery from addiction.
At Drug Rehab Nashville we prepare each of our clients with these tools through our addiction and recovery services. With continuous use of these tools, recovering addicts are sure to live a healthy life filled with positivity.
Call our 24/7 hotline now at (615) 348-5866 to get started on your path to recovery today!
12 Steps in Addiction and Recovery
Since the development of the twelve step approach, it has been adopted as a vital component in treatment for a variety of addictions. The twelve step approach provides recovering addicts with the essential tools for recovery based off of it’s set of guiding spiritual principles. Drug addiction and treatment can last for a matter of weeks or months, however recovery is a lifelong process. The twelve step philosophy is one that recovering addicts should follow throughout their lifetime to maintain their sobriety. At Drug and Alcohol Rehab Nashville we implement the use of the 12 steps approach as a means to prepare our clients for a long lasting recovery.
The twelve steps are as follows:
- We admitted we are powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable.
- We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him.
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
- We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- We humbly ask him to remove our shortcomings.
- We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- We made direct aends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Call Drug Rehab Nashville today at (615) 348-5866 to get started with your healing process!
The Principles of Recovery in Addiction and Recovery
Recovery from addiction is a highly complex process that has the capability of providing recovering addicts with the benefits of positive physical, mental, and social health. During the process of recovery from addiction, individuals should follow a set of guiding principles for addiction and recovery. For a more effective and long lasting recovery, recovering addicts should adopt and follow the following recovery principles in their process:
- Recovery should be empowering, self driven and self motivated
- Recovery requires one to personally identify their need for changing and reconstructing their lives
- Recovery should occur by means of a multitude of pathways
- Recovery should be supported through one’s relationships and by their peers
- Recovery should exist on a continuum of improved health and wellness
- Recovery should emerge from a place of hope and gratitude
- Recovery should consist of a process of healing and reinventing oneself
- Recovery should involve reestablishing oneself into the community
- Recovery should be approached holistically
- Recovery should be based on the principle of respect
- Recovery should address the trauma that has occurred as a result of the addiction
- One should accept that recovery is a reality, it can happen and it will happen
Four Facets Supporting Recovery from Addiction
Health: An individual must maintain a healthy lifestyle, that promotes health and positivity physically, mentally and emotionally
Home: Individuals should be apart of a home which is a stable, safe, and distraction free environment that supports and encourages recovery
Purpose: Individuals should participate in daily activities that serve a purpose such as work, school, and/or volunteering; these activities should help them develop a sense of independence.
Community: Individuals should develop relationshipships and a social network which provide love, care, positivity, and support throughout the recovery process
If you or a loved are in need of recovery from addiction, Drug Rehab Nashville can help you successfully recover. Our knowledgeable representatives are available 24/7 to speak with you about getting started at our addiction treatment center.
Call us now at (615) 348-5866 to get started with your recovery process immediately!
Seek Assistance for Addiction and Recovery in Nashville, TN Today
If you or a loved one are currently suffering from addiction, now is the time to get started with recovery! At Drug Rehab Nashville we utilize a variety of addiction and recovery techniques to assist our clients in achieving a long lasting recovery. Recovery from addiction is a timely and complex process, however we provide our clients with the most intricate treatment plans to assure they’ll achieve a long lasting recovery. You have the power to overcome your addiction, all it takes is gaining the courage to seek help. Drug and Alcohol Rehab Nashville can help you recover from your addiction. Call our 24/7 hotline now at (615) 348-5866 to speak with one of our knowledgeable representatives about getting started with us today.